Monday, November 16, 2009

my then&now.

i'm all for returning
to those
halcyon rolled-up jeans mornings
mingled breath like dew and tea
flooding my feet while birds walk---why walk when you can fly, you're just teasing now----
with freckled eyes
i want to lick you and let the river lick me,
armchairs in icewater
we are languid and blossoming, can you see this in
a month?
2?
try 7.

the newness these old memories stir up,
butterflies! beneath trees sprouting spring branches
like liquid green puzzles distorted through my finger shading
toestoes, and breathy touching
then
to our lessons, in an hour, asleep at the wheel
penniless
with only sand and bedhead to show for our efforts

our mouths
they were jittered ghosts
and sometimes
i miss the prettiness of that
but the now....the now is love-drenched in sun-colors.
you're my big sur.

No comments:

Followers