Wednesday, October 7, 2009

october

hot in my head, my eyes
are flame-licked jellies wiggling escape
to form an inferno
i click the zip and unpeel my skin
for liquidcool relief
and wander the city streets,
prettiest bones to ever hit pavement


under the lights this may not be normal
but in the dark its a nightmare
skeletal sexyness, begging pleading partying
ribs shaking and breaking
in pursuit of night noise
foreign lanuage shaped whispers to
slip through the skull.


i'm blind but it doesn't stop my mind
from kaleidoscope rattling
off blood and lights and FIREFIREFIREFIRE
i see what isn't there better than the beauties
because i don't have an image to protect

bleached bones, i crawl on home
to shake a brass bed on my own
with convulsions/tremors/epiphanies/too much smoke
and when i woke
up
i found my body neatly pressed
and i buttoned the mouth
and i got dressed
drove to my job, sat at my desk
and that was the blankest i've ever been.



No comments:

Followers